Monday 26 October 2015

I've Just Seen: Center Stage (2000)

Center Stage (2000)

http://file.vintageadbrowser.com/l-kpuc99m7dp4h5s.jpg

Director: Nicholas Hynter

I had not meant to watch Center Stage; it just happened to be on TV, and before I knew it I had watched half of it. I love dancing: practicing, performing and watching it. I have a soft spot for dance films, which means that if the dancing sequences are good (and lengthy) I will overlook a movie's shallow acting and weak plot. Center Stage has both of the latter, but also has a lot of dance sequences that are great.

There is not much else to say about the film. If you like dancing in general, you will find something to enjoy. If not, there are other dance films that are more engaging; The Red Shoes, which is referenced in this film, is probably the best, followed by those of Bob Fosse, particularly All That Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment