Wednesday 16 December 2015

I've Just Seen: Shaun the Sheep Movie (2015)

Shaun the Sheep Movie (2015)

http://d1oklq6066osfz.cloudfront.net/styles/thumbnail/s3/newmovieposter.jpg

Directors: Richard Starzak, Mark Burton

I, like many people my age, grew up watching Aardman Animations; the Wallace and Gromit shorts are my favourites. Shaun the Sheep first appeared in A Close Shave, and has since scored his own television show, which this film is based upon. The few episodes I have seen are very cute and funny, relying on slapstick worthy of Chaplin and Keaton.

The movie is basically an extended episode of the series, but it is so charming and funny and sweet, and the animation so detailed and gorgeous, that I do wish I had seen it in cinemas (I watched it on DVD). I spotted a reference to The Night of the Hunter, which is much more sophiscated than the usual adult-aimed reference that is inserted into kid's films.

I loved it, and laughed throughout. Watch with your inner-child, or a real one if available.

No comments:

Post a Comment